View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 05:03 PM   #43
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I suspect the best hope is that someone will start up an open source project at some point. The base product, a database of ebooks with various views of the data, is pretty straight forward. But there is a lot of additional pieces to figure out and implement such as syncing with Calibre, copying and saving the eBooks and transferring the eBooks to reader software. Someone who knows what they are doing and has a lot of time on their hands could likely have a working beta version in a few months.
IMO the best feature of Calibre Companion is being able to use the smart device app calibre driver. Chaley wrote both the client and the server in https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...art_device_app.

I would start for releasing an opensource implementation for that piece of code.

About what is pretty straight forward or not, I think is just a matter of past experience. Things that you see easy can be a nightmare for me.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote