View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 07:37 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's stolen (or lost). Amazon don't blacklist Kindles for any other reason. It's not possible for anyone except Amazon to un-blacklist a Kindle, and I've never heard of them doing so.
i think they blocked then unblocked a basic kindle for me - a while ago. What happened was - it was the one my wife used for travel - it vanished and after weeks of searching I called amazon, hoping they could tell us where/when it was last on line - as a possible clue to where she may have left it. They could not do that but I think they suggested blocking it as lost, & I agreed... [ but they may have simply de-registered it - I cannot remember exactly...]
at the time we were thinking she might have left it in a cafe or on a bus, or in a hotel...[ all places that she has left a phone! ]

Anyway, sometime after that, I found out what had really happened, it had been on a bedroom chest of drawers and had slid down though the gap between that and the bedroom wall. So when we were searching for something else & actually took out the bottom drawer - & there it was at the back. Flat battery but otherwise OK.
I called amazon & explained & they kindly turned it back on. but whether that was a blacklist or a simple de-register I don't recall.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote