View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 04:20 AM   #529
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamers View Post
Did anyone ever answer this? Apologies if so, I'm new here and trying to navigate the 50+ pages for this thread.

I'm also interested in the Clara. Here is my use case: I take the Kobo Aura (6") with me camping, on my bike, in bed, treat it relatively roughly - for me to use an ereader, philosophically, is to imagine it *almost* like a book.. If i had to be super gentle with it I'd probably switch back to books.

I love the size of the Aura.. but I hate how slow it is, how the lighting on it is kind of crapular. And I would looove waterproofing if possible, but its not a must. Is the Clara HD for me? Is there a different reader of that size/weight (any larger seems to be out of the picture for me, I really do take it backpacking into the woods).

I use Calibre for books and hate the Amazon ecosystem (and frankly, the business practices of the Amazon corporation, but thats another thread) and so staying within the Kobo realm seems to me the best option.

Would welcome any thoughts from you super intelligent people, and again, apologies if my kind of questions have been answered directly, I really did sift through many of the thread pages.

Another thing to add that the other replies to your post haven't mentioned, is that the Clara HD does have a capacitive screen. This means that were you to go backpacking in cooler weather with gloves on, you won't be able to turn pages (unless you take your gloves off or have gloves with the special conductive fingertips).
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote