View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #55
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijonikis View Post
I was viewing an azw file I bought from Amazon. Converting the book to epub did actually bring a lot more of the book into view
Just to be clear I never suggested converting the book to ePub. If you view an AZW book in calibre it is automatically converted to epub then fed to the viewer as a ePub.

What I tried to convey was the AZW book in your library is perfectly fine and if you viewed the book on any Kindle or Kindle App then you would see it as you expect.

Quote:
I don't see how the plugin would be the problem - wouldn't it be all or nothing?
If your plugin is old then a book can be corrupted when being imported and the subsequent attempt at a conversion may reflect the corruption. But that doesn't sound like the problem here.

Quote:
I've solved my immediate problem by arranging for my son to read the book in the Cloud (yes I should have thought of that before tired after work my only excuse)
I'm glad you came up with a solution.

Quote:
but I would still like to understand why there is a problem reading it in Calibre.
Hopefully my explanation of the calibre viewer above helps you understand. The odds are great that the AZW book in the calibre library is fine. There is code in the book that does not convert without error to ePub. However why it doesn't convert perfectly is a topic for another thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote