View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #61
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpad View Post
I'm on the token plan for Safari, think I've had it since 2007.

One thing about the tokens is that they go away after a period of time, if you don't use them. To download a whole book you usually need something like 20-30 tokens. I get 5 tokens a month so it takes a couple of months to accumulate enough tokens for a whole book.

You used to be able to download individual chapters, and those cost a couple of tokens per chapter.

I've also noticed that fewer and fewer books offer the option to buy with tokens, so it's currently a limited range of books you can get with the tokens.
I haven't bought any O'Reilly books and/or e-books after they closed the online shop. I won't use Safari because I pay too much for not 'owning' the e-books.

That said I have already a lot of e-books in my O'Reilly bookshelf and now I have the time and motivation to read through my previous bought e-books. Decreasing my 'pile of shame'.

So, O'Reilly no new money from me in the short run.

Last edited by joblack; 11-11-2017 at 09:36 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote