View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 06:08 AM   #64
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaAryeh View Post
A plaintive request for guidance...

I'm migrating off of Win10 - since Comicrack (which I've been using extensively) doesn't play well with Linux, I wanted to find some way to get my painstakingly entered metadata preserved. Since I'd already been using Calibre for my ebook collection, this plugin seemes perfect!

Install worked like a charm and I configured it to "import metadata from comicinfo.xml". The issue is that the import seems to be hit-or-miss. Sometimes I get the comic summary from Comicrack showing up in Calibre's comments fields, sometimes nothing comes through. And I don't seem to be able to find where the genre and tag field info went after import...

All of my files are ain .cbz format, FWIW.

I'd appreciate any help you could offer - I appreciate all the work that's gone into this plugin and really want to make it work!

Many thanks, my friends!
Hm, can you provide some example files, where it doesn't work? I don't use those both fields myself, so it could be, that there is something strange going on.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote