View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What you describe is a common failure mode with the K3. They die and stay dead for some reason that no one has ever found.
Return the device.
Can't return it (I don't think) but I can probably keep it for parts, or repair it. At least now I know it's not something to worry about. If I buy a new (used) main board would that fix it? (I would probably get a new battery as well.) I'm guessing it has a good screen and this is a 3G model (at least I think it has the 3G module) (the "module" is just a placeholder "cover" for a module, I think). I know it doesn't make any sense to fix it (you can get working ones on Woot right now for $15) but I hate to see these things broken.

If I just decided to give away the parts, I'm guessing the screen might be good. ]Is the 3G module interchangeable with other Kindle Keyboards? (No module.) (Someone might have one that doesn't work.)

At any rate, thanks. I didn't realize that some of these have "fulfilled death wishes."

Last edited by rcentros; 11-29-2017 at 11:15 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote