View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
The publishers are going to cut their own throats with this.

More people are going to buy used books, which completely eliminates the publisher and the writer from the profit chain. The darknet is going to explode with ebooks, totally removing the publisher from the profit chain.
I strongly suspect that this will be the case. The greedier the publishers become, the more people will either choose to go to the darknet for best selling authors, or buy used.

I don't buy hard cover books, I always waited for the paperback version. Now if they are going to try to rip me off for an ebook, I simply won't get it at all.

There are millions of books in multiformat in the genres that I like to read at reasonable prices. I will read all of those before I allow these greedy jerks to rip me off.

Or I just might figure out how to get them for free.

If we truly wanted to bring this foolishness to an end, all we would have to do is not purchase ANY books HC or Pprbk or Ebook for a couple of months or for however long it took these publishers to get a clue. Money talks or lack thereof.

Would this boycott be hard to do? Yes, I love to read, but I stopped buying books altogether years ago because of price & lack of storage space. But I have found others stories to read online to make up for the other.

Just pick a new hobby for a month or 2 & let the books sit in the stores collecting dust & the profits go down the tubes. This new pricing would go right into the trash were it belongs.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote