View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Wow, I can actually follow that. I've been trying the "learn CSS by visual osmosis" plan. I was hoping that if I skimmed over enough posts that include CSS, it'd gradually start to be coherent information, and apparently it's working.

Not sure about using em for margins; that gets bigger when the font gets bigger. (OTOH, 1em should not be so huge as to be disruptive, even if shown at a fairly large point size.) What does "margin: 0.5em 2em" mean? Left & right margins?

p.continuation should have an initial indent, because sometimes there are several paragraphs in a row. (E.g. reading an entire speech or police document into the record.) I'll need a sub-header or something class, for the dates, and a "divider" class for the three asterisks that separate segments, but those are fairly ordinary--maybe use h3 or h4 for the dates, and scrounge around for whatever's considered "normal" for small section breaks. (Don't want a full-width divider line, but could maybe deal with a 25% divider line instead of the three asterisks.)

And I'd need a couple of real header things for separating the intro, opening statements and so on, but those act like normal book chapters; it doesn't matter what I use for them as long as they start with page breaks & are obviously major section changes.

Thank you! I'd been thinking this would be a nightmare to mark up and I should just make a PDF and be done with it, but you've made me think it's actually something I could do.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote