View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #411
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
Thank you!

I worry that too often using a USB data cable will reduce the Kindle's life.

In fact, I think too much.

Geekmaster reported that the lifetime (by number of insertions) for the micro-usb connector is much higher than that of the full sized USB connector.

Even so, I know that some people just leave a short length micro-USB to USB cable plugged into the Kindle and then use a USB extension cable.

For myself -
I just leave the USB cable plugged into the Kindle, with USBnetwork running.
That way I can transfer files, list files, and have telnet/ssh/scp access while the Kindle is in 'normal' use.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote