View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
alyshadeshae
Cat Mom
alyshadeshae began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
The preferences for metadata in calibre call it a plugboard, that's where I got the term. It may not be called that for the "save to disk" option for file name, but I didn't see in the program what it would be called so I assumed it would be the same name.

By "template" I'm assuming you mean the information in the code boxes at the top of my original post? The only reason I mention file names is because, for the "save to disk" option, I use almost exactly the same bit of code and it works perfectly (the only difference is adding the author in front) while the plugboard for changing the metadata title when sending the books to my nook does not work.

I use this one for file names with the "save to disk" function:
Code:
{author_sort} - {#collection}{#collection_index:0>2s| | - } {series}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - } {title}
I use this one for metadata in the title field with the "send to device" function:
Code:
{#collection}{#collection_index:0>2s| | - } {series}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - } {title}
According to all the work I've done putting this together and playing with it in the past and based on the information provided from the columns, my book titles on my device should show up like this:
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 01.00 - The Lightning Thief
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 02.00 - The Sea of Monsters
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 03.00 - The Titan's Curse
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 04.00 - The Battle of the Labyrinth
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 04.50 - The Demigod Files
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 05.00 - The Last Olympian
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - The Heroes of Olympus 01.00 - The Lost Hero
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - The Heroes of Olympus 02.00 - The Son of Neptune
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - The Heroes of Olympus 03.00 - The Mark of Athena
Instead they show up like this on my nook:
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 01.00 - The Lightning Thief
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 02.00 - The Sea of Monsters
Olympian Demigod Series 03 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 03.00 - The Titan's Curse
Olympian Demigod Series 04 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 04.00 - The Battle of the Labyrinth
Olympian Demigod Series 01 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 04.50 - The Demigod Files
Olympian Demigod Series 05 - Percy Jackson and the Olympians 05.00 - The Last Olympian
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - The Heroes of Olympus 01.00 - The Lost Hero
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - The Heroes of Olympus 02.00 - The Son of Neptune
Olympian Demigod Series 02 - The Heroes of Olympus 03.00 - The Mark of Athena
The second picture shows how the metadata appears in the title on my nook. For some reason, the book with index 4.5 shows up completely correct with collection and series information. For the rest of the books, the first series sends it's regular series index information into the slot that should be for the collection series information. The second series shows up correct, though, for everything.

Also, I have completely formatted my SD card, removed it from the nook and removed all information from between each attempt with a different code. The code does work on file names when using the save to disk option. I just cannot figure out why it writes something different to the metadata of the book when using the save to device function.

I attached two more screenshots showing where the two strings of code are being placed to hopefully help clear everything up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Metadata Plugboard.png
Views:	207
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	98912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Save to Disk.png
Views:	216
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	98913  
alyshadeshae is offline   Reply With Quote