View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #13
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You know, everyone raves about ePub... but to me, ePub seems to be a content container rather than a screen layout standard. So, isn't it possible two readers could render the same ePub file differently (a la HTML before there were specific standards)?
Yes, it's possible... in fact, that's kind of what we're all hoping for! You see, if I can use my own conversion sw to convert an ePub file to an iPaq, you can convert it to a Sony reader, and Harry can convert it to an Iliad, etc, we can all buy, sell and exchange the one file format, and convert it as desired. Then the consumer's only choice is which reader they prefer, not which format they require to fit the reader they prefer.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote