View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
I had the same issue when I upgraded to the new firmware, and indeed, a factory reset was required. I have to admit that I should have done that from the start, going by my experience with PC motherboard and other PC type firmware upgrades; In most cases, a reset of any device to factory defaults that has had a firmware upgrade generally recommended, both prior to, and after, just to make sure all settings are being applied properly (some settings might not exist anymore, or might be handled in a different way). It would seem E-readers are no exception to this rule .

Also, make sure you're running the most up to date version of the Software client. Grab the *.exe from the kobo ereader itself and let it download and install the latest version. I haven't had a problem with windows 7 as of yet, but if you're running into a wall, try right clicking and running the app as admin. normally it shouldn't be needed, but at least give it a try.

Last edited by Psyke; 12-31-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote