View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Sparrow,

I highly recommend http://www.schemingmind.com/

A great site. It is based in England and run by Austin, who is a great chap. he keeps the site simple and most of the players are there to play chess, not chat about this and that. It is a correspondence chess site.

It costs only 10 quid a year and offers a lot of features. You can play ICCF games via Schemingmind.com.

It also specializes in Variants.. There of course is Chess 960 (Fisher Random Chess). In addition, you can play Shatranj...the prequel to chess, Makruk (Thai Chess) and many other variants. One called Alice Chess is like playing Chess from Star Trek.

I tend to play the traditional alternatives. Next year there are plans to add Shogi and Chinese Chess among other things.. Anyways..enuf of that rant...

Hidari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Yes, I'm content not to be socially networked.

Which site, if you don't mind me asking?
I let my ICC account expire, currently trying to decide whether to renew, or go with FICS - any other good sites for chess?
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote