View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #76
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkmnz View Post
Yup, I'm fully aware BD is gui. Its also buggy (under vista anyway) and has mixed results.
Heh, it could be Vista that's buggy -- it is a just-released M$ OS, after all, they have a reputation to uphold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkmnz View Post
Oh and whats that youve linked to? Ah, a guide on how to use the program I need to read to get decent results instead of the software being intuitive or simple enough not to require said guide.
Well, simple is difficult when you're doing complicated things, if you get too simple, then you lose a lot of flexibility ... but that discussion was last week.

I'd agree with you that BD has some room for improvement in the intuitive department, but I'm inclined to cut it some slack there, considering that the developer's native language is Russian, and I find it very easy to use (and very powerful) once I understood its quirks.

Besides, it really is mostly a matter of getting the initial settings arranged, and then it mostly runs itself. There are a few bits of proofing that need doing, true, but it gives you good tools for dealing with them, and it is fairly intuitive once you get to that stage.

However, if you don't find it suits you, then there's no reason you should use it. The suggestion was just an effort to be helpful, and if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you. That's all there is to it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote