Thread: newbie question
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltame View Post
Didn't they say the next version of firmware would not support DRMed mobi but support Adobe Digital Edition instead? So my assumption is that they are not going to fix any mobi DRM issue.

My initial question/confusion was that I had thought the April 2009 version (pre-installed on my EZ Reader device) could still support DRMed mobi but apparently it was already stripped out/down, i.e., not functional for library mobi books despite having a PID number.
For library books you need a clock and calendar on the device as well as a PID number. The Hanlin does not natively have this support which is why library books don't work. They have time limited licenses so you need a unit that keeps the time. There is a work around that can add this feature so long as you keep the unit on or in standby. This will allow the check out of library books. However, you will have to reset the time and date if you power completely down or do a reset of the device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote