View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 02:53 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
I use the Kindlegen plugin in Sigil.
Uses my install of Previewer which is 2.94.
Ah, there's the glitch. Open KP3.x and drop the ePUB on that and then retest. I suspect you'll find that your crashing problem is solved. Don't try to strip it; just take the resultant mobi.

Quote:
So that may be out of date. I'm using WinXP so later versions may not be compatible.
Ya think? :-)

(snippage)

Quote:
There is one publisher I need to make ePub3 for, since they also want to use Apple (i)Books, and I have found that ePub2 has some hassles. E.g., the TOC does not update if you load a new version.
Sorry, what do you mean, the TOC doesn't update? Where and when and what?

Quote:
I do the book first in ePub2, then convert to ePub3. I thought that since I have to make ePub3, I could just do all the work in that format and not have to export to ePub3 every time I wanted to share a version.
I can certainly understand THAT.

Quote:
I found that if I used the ePub3 to convert to Kindle format (either dual or AZW) that the NAV page showed up. If I tried to hide it, it converts with no warnings, but when I loaded it on my PW3, paging to the end caused a crash.
Yes, but again, are you doing this with KP2.9x?

(snippage)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote