View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 09:19 AM   #52
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
"The bezel makes the Glowlight 3 big enough that it is almost the same size as the Kobo Aura H2O" - The Digital Reader

The dimensions are listed on B&N - 6.93" x 5" x 0.38" (very slightly slimmer than the original Glowlight, and slightly taller). And according to the Nook comparison page on B&N it weighs 7.0z/196g (compared to the original at 6.2oz).

As a comparison, the Paperwhite is 6.7" x 4.6" x 0.36" and 7.2oz (205g), Voyage is 6.4" x 4.5" x 0.30" and 6.3oz (180g), Kobo Aura 2 is 6.3" x 4.5" x 0.34" and 6.3oz (180g) and the Aura H2O2 is 6.8" x 5.1" x 0.35" and 7.3oz (207g).

It's just very square, lots of people love that and find it easier to hold, for me, it's a complete turn off, and why I never bothered to try a Nook, even when you could pick the Nook ST new for less than £30 back when they aborted their UK interests.

Edited to add: the battery life of 50 days is only a week more than the 6 weeks Amazon give for the Paperwhite, and in the small print it states they measure it over 25 days, so not really sure if the battery is any better or not?

Last edited by soulfuldog; 01-04-2018 at 09:24 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote