View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #28
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I agree with the over-emphasis on presentation, and I must confess that I find a bit boring to have to change the language and, mainly, the obsession with the last language, the last paradigm, that goes to every place, without thinking if it is right or not.
Like Javascript...

Why in hell would someone want to use a non-typed, dynamic, interpreted language for production applications? (Wrapped in the Electron franework, a webapp basically looks like a native one, as Electron's front-end is Chromium.)

Yes, for small projects productivity is very high, but I've been writing some AI fun stuff in Javascript (and the P5.js library to visualize it), but as a project gets even SLIGHTLY big, it becomes very hard to debug if something is wrong. Stuff just stops working, or you get the weirdest of warnings.

The only way I'm able to finish these not-so-huge (but not trivial projects) is to use a linter, that tells me I've not declared "ThisVariable", because the correct spelling is "thisVariable".

As an aside, I loath the Java/JavaScript convention of functionNames() and variableNames. It just looks weird. As someone who started out with Borland Pascal, I STILL prefer to use FunctionNames() and VariableNames, and a type would be called TStuff if it were up to me.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote