View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 02:49 PM   #27
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

For really weird you need to get into things like Lisp. Perhaps it's because I never did a project that needed it, but I never really got my head around Lisp.
Never looked into it; same with Haskell. Maybe they're used in companies, somewhere, but in the Netherlands, both are mainly taught at research universities because they're different from any of the common languages. Compared to Lisp and Haskell, languages like Pascal and C are intuitive.

I wonder if anyone ever made a language like Lisp or Haskell that can do what they do, but use C syntax. There are some projects that try to wrangle Lisp itself into a C-like syntax, but that's not what I mean; I mean a language that LOOKS as if it's C, but ACTS like Lisp.

Last edited by Katsunami; 12-11-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote