View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #494
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
C. Dulaney's third book, Roads Less Traveled: Shades of Grey, was just released.
And done. I liked the series; female protagonists are rare in the zombie world. All of the good guys are likeable and I hope I have people like that by my side when the dead rise.

On the other hand, the series lacked a good antagonist (excepting the zombies). Dulaney had a good candidate in a prison warden, but made little use of him in the last of the trilogy.

Another minor beef was that while character and group dynamics were interesting and emotionally investing, it was mainly due to characters a). Keeping secrets. b). Being profound dullards.

I kept mentally screaming at them: "you've fought together for a year and you're afraid to tell them about this or that minor weakness?" Or, "It's freaking obvious! Quit writing your characters as idiots."

Still, the fact that I was screaming at them demonstrates how much I liked Kasey, Mia, Jake, Mike, and John.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote