View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #367
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sorotokin View Post
I would suggest using points or millimeters instead. Pixels on Sony mean real device pixels, if I remember it right. This is not sustainable for high-res devices and at some point the meaning of pixels will change.
Yes Peter, you're right. I'll change this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sorotokin View Post
XPGT is OK, but not necessary in this case. We do have some paged media support. You can use CSS @page rule:

@page { margin: ... }

But in general, when people mention CSS3 in eBooks, my brain starts hurting. The current push in web standards seems to go in the direction of making it so convoluted that you'd have to be a pretty big organization dedicated exclusively to implementing that stuff to be on top of it. There are already more C++ experts than CSS experts, I think, and it's getting only worse.

Peter
Ok, it's nice to see some support for @page rule. Margin is not listed in the IDPF specs: http://idpf.org/2007/ops/OPS_2.0_fin...tml#Section3.3
Guess you decided to include some CSS3 properties after all ?
I agree that the status of the different web standards can be very complicated, but I really believe that support for at least some CSS3 modules would be very helpful. The generated content for paged media module is a very good example: it's very easy to add support for footnotes using this module, while currently, real footnotes are almost impossible to support in ePub.
Do you have a ressource listing all the CSS elements supported by DE ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote