Thread: Accessories
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #18
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
I love my GearHead wireless keyboard. It fits easily in my carry bag, designed for a 12" laptop. It uses a USB "dongle", not Bluetooth.

The addition of a USB Ethernet adapter has helped a lot. Look for a StarTech USB2106S on the WalMart website. It plugs straight in and works well. Then you can QUICKLY copy files from another computer on your home network, and get the speed benefit from a higher "class" micro-SD card.

Although the onboard wireless G brings in connections well, you cannot configure some home routers via wireless.

I already had a Bluetooth GPS receiver, and with a little effort, got it working on the eDGe, so my mapping is position-enabled. By tethering my cell phone 3G, I have WiFi anywhere.

I use a USB barcode reader, but most people wouldn't need one.

Quality earbuds are essential, so you can watch movies on the go and actually HEAR them. The speakers aren't bad but produce fairly low volume.

I often use Pandora, KeePassDroid (password store), IMDb, and the AT&T utility that lets me control my uVerse DVR from anywhere. With effort you can get the Gmail client running, but apparently Market is a tougher nut to crack.

WiFiAnalyzer is fun to look at, even if it doesn't really help very much.

I use DVDFAB on my media center PC to convert movies down to iPod (MP4) format.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote