View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Do you like Long or Short?

One of the things I have been pondering on is whether the idea of the "ideal" length of a novel has been determined by our culture or the "risk" cost of paper.

I like a "good" thick, door-stopper, something that really grips for ages. Of course the story is what matters, but I think there's enough evidence to say the business of publishing books has established "risk standards" that have led to an overall shortening of the length of the average novel.

What do you think?
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote