View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 04:44 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't buy the 2nd gen Oasis. The battery life is terrible, and the larger screen doesn't result in much increased text on the screen. I rarely use the buttons, especially in a quiet bedroom at night, as the clicking bugs me. The addition of 2 more lines of text and auto-rotation doesn't justify the much larger price for me.

As far as portability, the Paperwhite is better for me. I bought one last summer to take on a beach vacation, and it's become the one I take with me when I leave the house.

For me, the only real place the Oasis is better is because it has more LEDs.
I have to disagree with the larger screen. I like it. I hae a 6.8" screen with my H2O and I do not want to go back to a 6" screen. The larger screen just feels better when reading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote