View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 11:48 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I don't see the point. Forty years ago I shared a house with a bunch of guys in suburban DC. One of the guys was from New York.

Not too far away was a Brentano's bookstore. Brentano's was (and perhaps still is) a New York store, and my friend bought his books at the DC Brentano's, as if buying them at a Brentano's made them special!
Aside for boycotting B&N, I don't care where I get my books or ebooks from.

On the other hand, a new store is something to check out, and it is entirely possible it will be a pleasant experience.
The name of the store doesn't make it special, but obviously, being a pleasant store to be in and shop at, would make it special...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote