View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Well, we will see. The pictures I have seen suggest that the background is somewhat darker than E-Ink, but that the text is blacker than Vizplex. The pictures (Though I am not sure how many are real pictures and how many are simulations) suggests that it handles conventional touch screens better than E-Ink (as opposed to Sony's new touch screen technology which causes no issues at all) -- At least that is the impression I get from looking at videos of the Bookeen Orizon and the Booq Avant (A spanish ebook reader I happened on by accident). Coincidently, from pictures of the Pandigital new reader, it looks like it might use similar software to the Avant.

The new Sony is fantastic, but if I can find a reader that supports wifi, and has a decent touch screen which is comparable in quality to the vizplex screens, integration with B&N and it costs significantly less (I suspect this unit will probably sell for $50 less than the list price!)... well that could be a rather compelling package, provided it works well.

Actually, what would be really great is if one of these readers with wifi were to link directly to Project Gutenberg or some other repository of free Public Domain books.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote