View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 05:47 PM   #5
David Welch
Addict
David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Welch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
New five-star Amazon review from 'Woodie' :

"Just finished this, and am impressed. I'm a fan of David's sci-fi work, and many of the themes of courage, freedom, and self-respect in his books find a natural home in the western genre. And he can write a great action scene.

"The characters are well-written and a varied lot, from an old curmudgeon of a Federal Marshal to a Chinese madam, and they are all interesting people. The good guys are likable and respectable, but none of them are perfect. Many of them do not deserve their place in society, but they do what they can to survive and even thrive and help others. (This is a refreshing take on the current trend to attack history as imperfect by our modern standards.) What 'social commentary' there is, is well done without being heavy-handed, and should be acceptable to the entire political spectrum.

"The plot is pretty straightforward, but my expectations for a western aren't terribly high. (Westerns are frequently morality plays, where we know the outcome, but sometimes need reinforcement that the right choice is the correct choice.) All that said, I was left wondering until the end who was going to survive the finale.

"The epilogue or final scene was touching, and well done. It ends the story beautifully."

THE DAY OF THE DEPUTY, available on Amazon, ebook or paperback. FREE for Kindle Unlimited!
David Welch is offline   Reply With Quote