View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 06:11 PM   #7
Ryzir
Connoisseur
Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook GL3, Kobo H2O, Nook STG, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500
To side load apps you do not need root. Just ADB initially and if you put a launcher and file explorer you then can side load apps via usb drag and drop (then install from file explorer on reader) instead of ADB. I have my reader rooted to re-map the hardware buttons (one being a back button) and to enable me to display the book I'm currently reading as the sleep screen.

I have Calibre Companion which I use instead of the default library software which gives me wireless transfer of books, far more customizable navigating options of my books (By tags, series, author, etc.), CC can set the cover of the book I'm currently reading as the sleep screen (with root).

For reading software I use Alreader which has a lot more customization options than the BN reader. I can side load fonts, customize touch screen zones, show how many pages left in chapter, chapter name, clock, battery level, reading position bar with chapter marks, ability to open images in external image viewer with ability to pinch zoom (I use solid explorer for this).

I like the ColorDict dictionary better than the BN dictionary but I don't really use the dictionary that much. It also integrates with Alreader really well.

I've re-mapped the hardware buttons (with root) so that the "n" button is page forward which makes a huge difference for me since I like to hold the reader with one hand on the bottom with my thumb to press the "n" button.

The downside is that it takes quite a bit of time to get it all set up correctly but once it's all set up it all works really, really well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alreader.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	840.3 KB
ID:	184423   Click image for larger version

Name:	dictionary.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	803.1 KB
ID:	184424  

Last edited by Ryzir; 01-01-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Ryzir is offline   Reply With Quote