View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #34
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Lots of interesting commentary on this topic. I'm, um, way over 35. (Okay, I'm 50.) I'd definitely be considered an early tech adopter. Got my first ereader over a decade ago. Paid over $300 for an original Rocket eBook and had three different iterations of that over the years until getting my Nook (3g/Wifi) for my 50th birthday last summer. While there is a ton of free content available via completely legit sources, there's also plenty of ways to find the morally ambiguous stuff too. I found the Harry Potter stuff in PDF through an on-line "study" group. Perfectly rendered. I've spent cold hard cash for the hard cover versions, so I don't feel like I've hurt Jo Rowling's pocketbook any.

BTW, in a tangential discussion, my niece (age 20) called me yesterday looking for tech advice. She owns a Nook and is headed abroad for a semester of study. Wants a Kindle for easier access to materials. "Aunty, how can I move my Nook books to my new Kindle without having to pay for them all over again?" Trust me, I told her exactly how to do it. (And gave her the link to MobileRead!)
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote