View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #54
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Fifty years ago, when I was in 8th grade, we read Macbeth in class using Folger Edition paperbacks printed by a publisher that is now long gone. These were very popular as school editions at the time because they were inexpensive, had good introductory essays, and offered explanations and definitions on each facing page of text, making it very easy to read and enjoy the play. I’ve seen a few Folger Shakespeare Library editions sold as Kindle Books, but only for select plays. It would be amazing to have something along those lines for the complete works of Shakespeare, plays and all, but it seems anything like that is formatted for tablets and computers. Since most students don’t use e-readers, I guess that’s to be expected.

I would rather have a good complete collection on my Kindle Oasis and look up words on my phone than try to do extensive reading on a tablet. I have two decent tablets for reading (6” Fire and 8” Galaxy Tab A) that I bought for reading 3M books from the library, but I can only read on a tablet for so long before my eyes start getting tired. I’ll just get one of the inexpensive “complete works of” volumes. Love this discussion, though, and I appreciate all the suggestions.
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote