Thread: Libra USB C
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #13
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The crap shoot is why when we get people complaining that Readers should have USB-C, I'm saying NO to that. I don't want to be reading that Readers are breaking because they bought bad USB-C cables.

Readers don't need USB-C and work perfectly well with micro-USB.
I was pleased when the new fire tablet used usb c though, as that's what my huawei has, so one charger and cable works with both.

Surely if kindle, kobo made readers with usb c and bundled a safe cable we,d be ok? Or is it the non complaint chargers we have to be wary of , not, or as well as, non compliant cables

I hate the game of trying to put a reader back on charge ,in a dark room, with all the "which way up does it go " nonsense

I used to try colouring one side of the micro usb plugs to help, but there is no consistency in which way up the sockets get added to devices
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote