View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiyoforward View Post
Wow, this is what I needed to see... Thanks JS.
Now, that looks like a PDF from a scanned page to me, which means that the PDF contrast is a "general image" setting rather than an anti-aliasing tweak. Do you notice any difference in a PDF created with, say, Word + Times New Roman?
Thanks again
The contrast setting affects everything on a page. The magazine I subscribe to seems to directly output these PDF files from whatever application they use to layout the magazine. The text is actually text and if the PDF reader is being slow, I can see the multiple layers used to generate some of the layout. Everything changes contrast from text to images when you change that setting.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote