View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 03:01 AM   #4
marmistrz
marmistrz began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosen View Post
Thanks for your feedback. Here are my first thoughts (I don't have time and means to try to reproduce your problem right now).

I assume you have the problem with accented words in general, not just λαμπρός. Different dictionary programs programs behave differently when you input words without accents. Some (like the one I use) offer a list of accented variations. Maybe there's a setting for this?

Also note that the Unicode character set includes two different, but typically identical-looking, sets of acute-accented characters. For example, there's alpha with "oxia": ά, and alpha with "tonos": ά. The Middle Liddell Dictionary uses oxia accents; perhaps your keyboard inputs tonos accents. It would be easy enough to make a version of the dictionary with tonos, if that is the source of the trouble.

The "Greek Analyses" dictionary includes variations in accentuation, including tonos accents. If your dictionary program supports looking up words from within definitions, it could be useful.
I had to write a script anyway for the full LSJ. You can use it to remove diacritics from keywords. Here it is: https://github.com/marmistrz/stardic...-ancient-greek
marmistrz is offline   Reply With Quote