View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I agree that there should be some margin, but I'm not sure it should be specified in the book. I hope in some near future the readers will let the user set the margins to his liking, and then hardcoded margins will be a problem.
And pigs will fly...

I do not agree. User specified margins should override the ones specified in the file. And if that do not happens we can just wait for the fix. Until then it is best to be prepared for this and specify margins so the files works properly on all readers.

Quote:
The Cybooks already set default left and right margins (which can't be changed), the absence of top margin can be considered as a bug in the reader, and I see the @page margins you suggest as a workaround for this bug.
I wonder if this is true since the left and right margins can vary a lot between documents if it is not specified in a @page.

Quote:
EDIT: Anyway, if you are going to add default @page margins, I'd suggest adding side margins too... and I wouldn't have margins in font-dependent units, I'd better have absolute units (mm, pt).
I thought about that. I wanted to have the distance to be around two lines of the body font because the visual appearance will be better (looking less cramped using large fonts). But maybe ex and em is not working at all.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote