View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #418
FacebookVirus
Hybrid reader
FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2; Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I don't think it's extravagant if reading is a favorite hobby of yours and your Kindles are something you use a lot. I generally allow myself some extravagance with my favorite hobbies. Life is short, right?

Do you enjoy reading on your PW a lot more than reading on your KK? If so, then I say you should go for it.
Warning: minor rant against no one in particular.

I understand your point, but the more disposable ereaders have become the more I've questioned my commitment to them.

Batteries that can't be changed, the constant gotta-have-it new cheap plastic gizmo that'll change your life - I get enough of that with my cell phones. I can also do short-term reading on the go just fine with them.

If I traveled frequently my attitude would be different, but the warm fuzzy that having a library in my pocket gives me hasn't amounted to much. On my third ereader now since '08, and I'm not relishing another $100+ that could be spent on pbooks or subscriptions of the same price as e-subscriptions.

However, I'm really wanting a PW2, and may pick one up anyway
FacebookVirus is offline   Reply With Quote