View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Laurablue
Connoisseur
Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc, Sansa Clip Zip, Sansa Fuze+
Audible content varies between accounts?

Hi audiobook fans,

I recently tried to purchase the Whispersync discounted audiobook paired to a Kindle book (The Child Thief by Dan Smith), but although I own the Kindle book, the special price is not appearing on the Audible page for the book. The Audible edition itself doesn't even appear on Amazon, so I haven't been able to buy it through from the Amazon site. When I click on the "buy the Kindle edition first" on the Audible page, it takes me to an Amazon webpage that says the book is not available to purchase. Three different Audible CSR have sent me the same instructions on how to complete the purchase, but they all seem to think I am missing a step. I have bought many discounted WfV pairs so I have no problems with the process when it works as it should.

Out of frustration, I decided to log onto my husband's Amazon account to buy the Kindle book and then see if the special WfV price would appear on his Audible account. To my surprise, the Audible edition of "The Child Thief" by Dan Smith does not even appear on the Audible website when I search using his account. It appears when I search the Audible site without being signed in - just not when I am signed into his account.

At this point I don't even care if I get the book (I have many books on my TBR list already). It does make me wonder why the book doesn't appear on my husband's Audible account, and whether also happens on my account (some books not showing up, that are available for purchase on other accounts). Has anyone encountered this type of situation on Audible?

best regards
Laura F.
Laurablue is offline   Reply With Quote