View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 09:04 AM   #190
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Using a Chromebook as a Chromebook - it's a thin client. At $129 it was certainly a good deal. Most of the nicer ones are $250 and up and that price makes me think before buying. My wife liked the $129 one so much she had me buy another one just so we'd have it as a backup "computer" for the kids (who are adults now).

I have many computers, including a highly kitted out MacBook Pro 16". Yet this Chrome book is vying against my ipad mini for "Couch surfer". For reading? No. Not the right form factor for me. My poor iPad mini is getting jealous with the Kindle Paperwhite for reader and now the Chromebook for "watch tv and talk on Internet forums". I think ultimately the iPad mini will win out. But I'd much rather loan out the Chromebook or the Kindle PW than my iPad mini. I bought 2 Chromebook and the PW for less than the iPad mini.

I did enable the Linux feature in the Chrome OS. Verified that I could install nano and edit a file. I'm not planning on installing linux software, but it will be nice to use this device to ssh into a linux server
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote