View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
harray
harray began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
A few months ago I purchased the newest 6" Icarus Illumina and found myself disappointed. Storage room is limited so you would probably need to pick and choose the Kindle titles you download.
There is a built in browser and I have only used it to download purchases from a particular store. I cannot download ADE. This appears to be a result of the inability to change time zones to North American time zones. The only zones available are eastern hemisphere ones. You can set local time. I use Instapaper and Pocket to read articles but Instapaper will not work due to the time zone issue.
I have been able to download the Washington Post app but have not been able to read content. I cannot determine if the difficulty arises because of the device or my location in Canada.
Because I cannot download ADE I cannot access Overdrive. The 6" Illumina will not take Libby.
I cannot speak to taking notes, keyboard, or the email app.
I do the bulk of my reading on my Kindle as I do not experience storage issues with it - I use the 2013 paper white. I read articles I've saved in Pocket and books in an app called "Ebook Reader."
I hope this helps.
harray is offline   Reply With Quote