View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Follow-up, in case it is helpful to others: I got a 2013 Nexus 7. Width, even with the larger screen, is narrower than the Nook ST by the width of one Nook bezel - makes one-hand operation noticeably easier. Screen is miles ahead than the Nook front-lit version. Weight is noticeably worse. Reading apps are more varied and sophisticated than the Adobe-based Nook reader. Reflection off the display is an issue in some lighting. Works surprisingly well at night (not too bright). On screen size, I'd say the display is "big enough" for single-column reading. Line lengths are 55-65 characters in the font sizes (not tiny, not huge) and margins (small) I am using. It's tall enough that I often scroll some, instead of reading an entire page without moving the text, which surprises me.

Speed of operation is now a non-issue, unlike the Nooks.

Overall, I'm very pleased and think it is, overall, a clear step up in reading environment.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote