View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #9
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
I have no trouble believing this. It seems to me that many young people might not have enough disposable income to make spending almost $400 on a book reader seem like a good value proposition (especially in comparison to spending it on video games, beer, chasing the opposite sex, etc.), and they have more compelling options for spending their free time (like video games, beer, chasing the opposite sex, etc.). Then when you get older and more settled and start to slow down, you rediscover the joys of reading. At least that's what happened to me.
Same here, hated books all my life. since i turned 19 i havent put them down

so of course the sample under 20 sucks, kids hate to read for the most part. its more of an adult passion.

also, while most of my friends read, the teenage girls are more into fanfiction than novels (though they do pick up novels once in a while)

while my brothers group of friends, none of them read at all. they are too busy getting stoned.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote