View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
Dc5e
Dc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and graceDc5e herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle 3
Okay, here it is.

It's written in C# so you'll need at least .NET 2.0 framework installed.

What it does:
The Kindle Paperwhite's image editor no longer stores last read location, so my solution is to create a .mobi Panel View comic book (images fill the screen). This program will generate the .html, .opf, and .ncx files for Kindlegen to generate the .mobi.

How to use:

1. Prepare comic/manga images using a batch image editor (IrfanView, Photoshop, etc) or Mangle. Resize the images to 758x1024 in .png or .jpg formats and apply any other sharpening/processing as you wish. (I have not tested any other resolutions)

2. Organize the images into folders (Use leading 0's to avoid file ordering problems). For example,

C:\Naruto
C:\Naruto\Chapter 001\
C:\Naruto\Chapter 001\001.png
C:\Naruto\Chapter 001\002.png
C:\Naruto\Chapter 002\
C:\Naruto\Chapter 002\001.png
C:\Naruto\Chapter 002\002.png
etc...

3. Open KindleComicParser.exe (attached to this post), type in a title name into the textbox, click process, and select C:\Naruto.
A message should pop up once complete, and C:\Naruto should be filled with a .opf, .ncx, and many .html files.

4. Run Kindlegen (link to download page) on the .opf file. Depending on how many images you have, this may take awhile. Once completed, the .mobi file should be in the directory.

5. Remove the SRCS record to reduce the .mobi filesize in half. You can use Kindlestrip.

6. Copy the .mobi file to your Kindle!

I may port this over to python eventually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	1031
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	93417  
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleComicParser 0.1.zip (6.0 KB, 4344 views)

Last edited by Dc5e; 10-04-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Dc5e is offline   Reply With Quote