View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I thought maybe the Windows Phone 10 Preview build I had on there was causing issues. Downloaded Windows Device Recovery Tool to restore the 'stable' version of Windows Phone, unfortunately it restored Windows Phone 8.1. Kindle app works again, but now I need to figure out (again) how to bump it back up to WP10, which it had been running successfully for a number of months. Spotify still does not work. Could not get Amazon Store app (pre-installed) to register ('internal error, please try later'). And it won't install the latest version of Audible, which I assume requires Windows 10 (I think it is a 'universal' app).
So I finally got back to the released version of WP10. Kindle app works again, latest Audible version (with Channels etc), Spotify works, Overdrive works, Kobo works. It's all good (well, the Amazon Store app still does not let me sign in..but don't care)! So the preview build was probably the issue.

Some reviews of Kindle app at Microsoft Store reported being unable to sign in. But it seems Amazon requires two-factor authentication for some reason: they send you a temporary password to your email account, and that's what you need to use to complete sign-in.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-17-2017 at 02:50 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote