View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #146
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Free today at Amazon from Black Mask: Affair in Tokyo by John McPartland. It was first published as Fawcett Gold Medal #406 (1954) with the great cover art by Clark Hulings. (I love pulp cover art) UK

Although I haven't yet read this one, I read McPartland's Tokyo Rose last month and was impressed both by the well-done mystery and the colorful view of Tokyo in early 1952 just before the end of the Allied occupation. McPartland was a skilled writer who died at the age of 47. I'm delighted to see his Tokyo books published and promoted by Black Mask.

Thanks, BelleZora

For any readers who like these types of books (as I do), I also made this available as a Bbeb book a few years back, which is easily translated into epub or Mobi using calibre. It and a few other titles are available here on MobileRead for free. (I have a table of contents, by the way.)

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-28-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote