View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #401
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I've been listening to (reading) the Foreigner series by C. J. Cherryh, read by Daniel Thomas May. The first book in the series is Foreigner, and the "10th Anniversary" edition was recently released as an eBook and it's been enabled for Whispersync for Voice. What a great way to listen to a book! I love being able to go back and forth between different devices (my Kindle Fire, my Paperwhite, and my iPhone), and switch between listening (on the Fire or the iPhone) or reading (on the Fire or the Paperwhite) as circumstances dictate. Amazon has a winner with this technology, I'm really impressed.

Oh, and the book? This is a re-read, and I'm absolutely enjoying the heck out of it. I goofed off the whole afternoon, sitting around doing some knitting, just so I could listen to it. It's been >10 years since I first read it, and I'd forgotten all sorts of stuff.

Unfortunately, #2-#6 are NOT available in eBook format, but they are in Audible format. So I'll only be able to listen to those. But then they pick up the eBooks again, and it looks like most of them are Whispersync for Voice enabled.
I really, really wish that they would come out with audio books (and ebooks for that matter) of her Morgaine series. That was one of my favorite series.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote