View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
monkeywrench
Connoisseur
monkeywrench began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I know I'll go "duh" when I get an answer, but tell me what I'm doing wrong, please.

I wanted to see if anybody has uploaded "A Tale of Two Cities" (by you know whom). No matter how many or how few words I entered, I got the following message:

"The search term you specified (of) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer."

I certain ly did not enter under three words (they should have written "less than (3) words, eh?), so what does this mean?

Also, as long as I'm posting, anybody know if that book has been uploaded here, and how I can find it without a search? I did get all of Dicken's listings and it does not seem to be there, but what the heck, I may easily have missed it.

Thanks.
Hey KlondikeGeoff,

When you search the application is actually searching for each term that you have entered individually. It is giving you that error because "of" is one of the words that you searched for. If you want to search for the entire string, in this case the title of a book you can put your search in quotes. I was unable to find The Tale of Two Cities but you can try this search instead just to see that it works:

"The House on the Borderland"

The thing to remember with this is that it is going to look for the exact string that you have put in the quotes. If you use the example above but say you can't remember if its "on the" or "by the" you can do something like this:

"The House" + Borderland

This will cause it to search for anything that has the string "The House" plus the word Borderland.

There are some things that are common to most search engines. Click this link to see what Google has to say about search basics.

Hope this helps.

~Marty
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote