View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
The 900 screen is much darker than the Kindle 2 screen. The other day I compared my 505 screen to my buddies K2 screen. They were almost identical. I just returned a 900 because of the 900s screen darkness. If you didn't like the Kindle, you will really not like the 900.
No it's not. The touch layer on the 900 reduces the contrast a bit, but I'd say it compares favorably with my Kindle2. The Sony 505 is better display-wise than either of them. At the moment I use the 900 more than the others. The "glare" as people call it is not that big a deal.

To the original questions, it will display any non-drm epub or adobe DE DRM epubs -- including library check outs. It will NOT work with the new Barnes and Noble EPUB format.

If you are even a bit technical you can strip drm from most formats and convert them for display on the 900 (same with Kindle etc).
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote