View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 12:17 AM   #4
scade2525
scade2525 began at the beginning.

Device: PRC 600 BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Hello Sam and welcome to MobileRead.

First of all, calibre is just an alternative (and much better, and with many more features) software to the sony reader library one. You can use either one, and you can use both, just not at the same time. I have both installed, and even though you're not supposed to, I sometimes have both open at the same time with no consequences.

Calibre is not something you need to load on you reader itself. It's just a program to help you organise your library and transfer your books to the reader.

First you need to find where the sony software saves your actual epub files (I use adobe digital editions to download so I can't help you with that).
Then on Calibre, you click add books, navigate to that folder, select the books and add them. To transfer them to your reader you just select the books and press the send to device button (having connected your reader of course).

That said, you don't need to use calibre for that. As I mentioned above, it is a far superior program, but you might find it simpler using the sony software at least in the beginning, until you are used to things and want to take your library management a little further.

Good luck!
Found where they were located and added to Calibre. However, went to view on computer and popup stated they were DRM protected. I am assuming before I could view or add to my viewer I will have to get around this...any suggestions? Are they any good programs that can be downloaded? Possibly free?

DRM just a way for them to make more money. From what I know...does not do hoot to protect copyright.....

Thanks Sam
scade2525 is offline   Reply With Quote