Thread: Thriller novels
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #59
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I'd also recommend the early Tom Clancy books
Seconding this. Hunt for Red October is the best thriller I've read. The Cardinal of the Kremlin was also quite good. That said, I've found Tom Clancy's work that doesn't deal with US/USSR politics to be worse than his US/USSR ones. And he seems to have weakness for basing his plots on protagonist being idiots - a 50/50 split so far.

I've also liked what I've read of Michael Crichton. Jurassic Park and Timeline are oldies but goodies.

Last edited by Rbneader; 06-02-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote