View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #42
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
As to the original question I think the Glo is a solid choice. My Aura is on the truck for delivery today, woohoo, so I can't speak about that device just yet. Since the PW was brought up, I will say that mine has been solid as well. It has a great screen and reading on it is enjoyable. While I enjoy it there are little things that, to me, make the Glo more enjoyable.

I like page numbers on sideloaded content, not location with some crazy number that means nothing to me. I like seeing how many pages left in the chapter I am reading on KePubs and I like tapping on the % read to find out how much time left in the current chapter, how long it should take me to read the next chapter, a graph depicting chapter lengths for the book, and time left to complete the book. I have never had an issue with my Glo. The screen has been responsive the software is nice and it does what I need. Customizable fonts are important to me because of my eye site. I was able to find a somewhat sweet spot on my PW, never able to find one on my Nook STG, but the Glo has given me the controls to find the perfect configuration for my eyes.

I can't speak of Kobo's customer service as I have not had the need (knock on wood). I can say that I have had mixed results with Amazon. When I bought my wife a 2nd gen Kindle it had an issue with the page turn button. I called and they overnighted me a new one. I shipped the old one back. Fast forward a year and my card gets hit for 369.00 and I call to ask why. They said I failed to return the other Kindle. I gave them the RMA number and date of the email stating they had received the old Kindle and Amazon apologized. Six weeks and several phone calls later they returned my money.
Wow now that I think about it I spent less money on two Auras then I did on that stinking Kindle. Oh well sorry about getting off topic. The Glo is a solid performing eReader that has become my go to device for consuming books. Hopefully, if you decide to go that route, you will be like me and have no problems nor complaints.

Mine is but a humble opinion and I would say keep researching to see what offers the features that are important to YOU and try to get your hands on one to take for a test run. There is no right or wrong device for everyone, there is only the right or wrong device for you. In today's world you are going to be bombarded with bias and fanboys and shills. When you can cut through all of that I am sure you find the reader that is right for you.

Sorry for the long diatribe.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote